Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Baritone Saxophonist Aspiring Pilot

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

School days

Sigh... today received some bad news about the program. I will not be hosting an exchange student :(. Still, at least I get to attend the welcome dinner and the Malaysia trip, bird flu permitting. Anyway, I shall continue my story from the time I first met the Tahara family, my hosts for the 2 weeks I spent there.

During the ceremony, my host, Tahara Ikuto, was the only one who wore civvies (home clothes) to the ceremony. My kind of guy. First impression of his mother was that she looked like a 10-year older version of Mrs Eunice Tay, my physics teacher. We listened to a few more speeches, then left the hotel.

Once leaving, my host's father drove his own car back, while my host and his mother took me on a short drive around town, allowing me to see the famed in-car GPS system for the first time. The, we arrived home. Nothing much happened after that, except for the buffet dinner at a very good restaurant. Our first attempts at communication could be summed up in this comment my host's older brother made to his mother, "Why is it that you talk to Aaron in English and he talks to you in Japanese". Still, we got along.

The next day was our first day at the Japanese school, in my case Nambu Junior High. I managed to meet the other people from Group A there, which was a welcome relief, as I could "speak good english" this time. We took a tour of the school, which was a bit run down compared to RI. Lessons after that were boring, especially maths, where I sweeped through extremely challenging maths questions such as "if 2:3 = x:6, find x". After leaving school, the rest of the day was rather boring.

The next day was also relatively boring, except for the founding of Shimpanese. More will be written on this interesting topic later. The day after that, we had a flower arrangement ceremony and a tea ceremony. Again, enjoyable, but not much to be learnt.

Sorry if this blog entry is too short, but I am too angry with ppl like ceiling fan and Mr Chong, our dance instructor, who I shall not talk about here.

That's all for this post, stay tuned for the next instalment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home